Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sausage Fettucini with Fresh Veggies



Dinner Monday was one of my favorites-a nice, fresh fettucini dish.




I use whatever veggies (and some fruits) that I have on hand, and sometimes I also saute' them prior to adding to the dish-but, you can improvise on your own.


Here's what I created this time around:


Sausage Fettucini w/fresh veggies


1/2 lb Fettucini (uncooked)

6 oz (1/2 pckg) Bistro Naturals Kielbasa (John Morell)

1 lb Fresh Asparagus (uncooked)

1 lg or 3 Mini Yellow Bell Peppers (uncooked)

1 lg Tomato (uncooked)

Extra-Virgin Olive Oil

Shredded Parmasean Cheese


Boil fettucini to taste (I prefer mine just past al dente)

Slice and saute kielbasa (it is fully cooked, just adding a little extra flavor and texture)

Slice, cut, chop veggies to preferance (I used just the heads of the asparagus)

Drain pasta, and toss with EVOO and parmasean cheese

After dishing up fettucini, top with sausage and veggies-enjoy!


I only list brand names when it really matters-I'm super picky about my meat, and have been accused of being a vegetarian. If the texture is wrong, or there's too much gristle, etc-I'd rather not eat it.


Also, I usually just dish up the fettucini (with the olive oil and cheese), and then let everyone add their own meat and veggies.


Happy dining!





No comments: